Clatsop County and local partners are again organizing the distribution of free face masks to the public.
Masks will be handed out at no cost at multiple locations around the county on Thursday, Oct. 15.
This is the fifth distribution event coordinated by the Clatsop County Emergency Management office.
The KN95 adult face coverings are courtesy of the State of Oregon, which has made them available to county and tribal governments for distribution where most needed in their communities.
Cities, fire districts and Community Emergency Response Teams (CERTs) will host drive-thru handout events between 4 and 6 p.m. at these locations:
- Elsie-Vinemaple Fire Station, 42644 Loyd Lane, Seaside
- Seaside Fire Station, 150 S. Lincoln, Seaside
- Astoria Aquatic Center, 1997 Marine Drive, Astoria
- Cannon Beach City Hall, 163 E. Gower
- Knappa Fire Station, 43114 Hillcrest Loop
- Warrenton Fire Station, 225 S. Main Ave.
- Gearhart Fire Station, 670 Pacific Way
To get a mask or masks, go to one of the listed locations and follow the posted directions:
- When you get to the front of the line, stay in your car
- Hold up fingers to show the number of masks you need
- Roll down your window to receive your bag of masks
The masks will come with an informational handout on the proper use of face coverings.
For more information call Clatsop County Emergency Management at (503) 325-8645 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.