WSU Master Gardeners of Pacific County are sponsoring our final summer Plant Clinic and Information Center at the Columbia Pacific Heritage Museum in Ilwaco on Saturday, September 24 from 10am through 2pm at the Museum’s Discovery Garden. We will be there to address your plant questions, concerns, and suggestions. The Discovery Garden is located behind the Museum’s parking lot at 115 SW Lake Street.
If you have questions such as:
• I‘m interested in composting. What would you suggest?
• My one rhododendron is wilting and dying. What’s wrong?
• What organic amendments should I use in my yard?
• How do I prepare my yard for the fall and winter?
We can help you! Stop by anytime between 10am and 2pm. Bring samples if you can.
We will also have handouts on the following topics as well as other information:
• Cover Crops for Home Gardens West of the Cascades
• Preparing Your Garden for Winter
WSU Extension also supports two web sites that can help you diagnose your own plant problems.
• Hortsense (http://hortsense.cahnrs.wsu.edu/Home/HortsenseHome.aspx) – Contains fact sheets for the home gardener to manage plant problems using Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
• Pestsense (http://pestsense.cahnrs.wsu.edu/Home/PestsenseHome.aspx) – Contains fact sheets for managing common indoor pest problems using Integrated Pest Management (IPM).
For more information, contact Bev Arnoldy at firstname.lastname@example.org.